Friday, November 9, 2007

Blog Checking

You know, I have a certain routine when I get up in the morning, and have for the past couple of years. I get up, go into the bathroom and turn on the shower and when the water hits me, I'm awake. After drying and dressing I wander into the kitchen and turn on the coffee pot, get the cat food ladle and feed the kids, outside kids and inside kids...let Mindy go out and wander the property and take care of business in general. Check in with the coffee pot and take the first cup into the computer room and check the e-mail. Then I check my blogpals and see who has been busy at this time of the morning. What did I do before I started this computer habit? I worked like the devil for the county, smoked like a chimney and did a lot of time on my knees in the flower beds. Now that I don't or can't do any of the aforementioned, I have lots of time for the computer. And this morning I see that I have been tagged by the darling T*mmy at My Gentle Retreat ( http://www.gentleretreat.blogspot.com/) has tagged me. I understand that I am to post the rules and then get on with the tag. It's a meme tag, I'm to tell you about 6 habits or facts about me that you may not know and then I'm to tag others...wow...good thing the coffee pot is full...so here goes: the rules are:

Rules:A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.C. At the end of the post, the player then tags people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Ahem, so here goes, six facts/habits about me that you may not know
1. I am the 2nd daughter in a family of six (four girls 2 boys)
2. I am the granddaughter of a farming couple, Dwight and Nancy Douglas
3. I love to read, always have at least two books going at the same time
4. while I have an artistic eye, can't draw even a recognizable stick picture, can lay out a flower bed and water features that are awesome
5. when nervous or upset, I pace...at one time I paced and smoked...thank God (really) the smoking thing is over
6. blue lights and sirens make my heart beat faster and my brain starts thinking in 10 codes...you know like 10-8 10-41 (on duty and ready for service) or 10-23 10-6 (I have arrived and am busy on this call)...sort of like how the old retired milk cart horses would get excited when hearing the milkman's bell.
Okay, so that's six things or habits you may or may not know about me, and I now intend to tag me a couple of folks. I want to tag those that I haven't tagged before so that I learn new things about new friends. I tag Penny at http://www.lavenderhillstudio.blogspot.com/, Terri at http://www.bobandterri.blogspot.com/ and Adla at http://www.vintagedelights.blogspot.com/ and I'd like to know a bit more about SusieQ at www.rabbitruncottage.blogspot.com
and Kathy at www.justabeachkat.blogspot.com and one more makes six...Lisa at www.athingforroses.blogspot.com

So, there you have it...get busy girls, I'm retired, I have all day to learn about you, but the computer is not my entire life, you know. Sometimes I wander down to the creek to see if there's any water in it. Right now, not so much.

13 comments:

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Isn't it funny how the internet has become such a huge part of our lives? I don't understand people who don't even own a computer. My step mother is proud of the fact that they don't have a computer. (Daddy had a computer and internet before *she* came into the family.)

My routine is to wash my face, put in the contacts, feed the cat and come straight to the computer. If checking emails and doing all I can think to do doesn't take much time, I feel a little lost. Like, surely there's something else to do to keep from cleaning house!

Anonymous said...

Morning Sandi. Happy Friday...I have started checking your blog first because you are the early riser on my list hehe.
I wake up stumble to the door and let my puppy out. Punch my coffee machine that I love that spits out one cup with lighting speed. Pick it up on my way back to the bed where I have my laptop and coffee in bed.Oh crap that dog is scratching to come back in fast today. Must be chilly lol. Blessing

Lisa Johnson said...

I too am an early riser. Usually up by 5:00am. Just noticed that you tagged me for the meme game. Will have to think of some good ones. thanks for thinking of me! You are too too sweet!

Lisa

Mary said...

Oh the joys of being retired. I don't know if i would have missed work more without the internet and of course my fav blogs.There would be plenty of water in any creek around here as its rained very heavily here for last couple days

Mary said...

Oh the joys of being retired. I don't know if i would have missed work more without the internet and of course my fav blogs.There would be plenty of water in any creek around here as its rained very heavily here for last couple days

Pam said...

I would have never imagined several years ago that my routine in the morning would be checking in on my Internet friends to see what they've been up to. But, you know what, I would have never met you amazing people!

Great list. I got tickled about the sirens one as my heart beats faster when I hear/see them too but perhaps not for the same reasons you do with thinking in code. lol!

kari and kijsa said...

We get up and post first thing every morning...it's such a great way to get the creative juices going!!! (that....and a little diet coke)!

Have a very blessed day,

smiles, kari and kijsa

Justabeachkat said...

Well how fun! I enjoyed reading yours and will work on mine this afternoon.

Hugs!
Kat

Tammy said...

I'm so glad you did the meme Aunt Sandi...I hope you don't mind if I call you Aunt Sandi...you just feel like an Aunt to me is all!

I would love to share a pot of coffee with you...my routine is much the same but with the shower "after" the coffee...lol.

Have a great day!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I can totally relate to the sirens. The nurse in me does the same thing!
When I grow up I want to be retired like Sandi =D

Jean said...

Thanks for stopping in to visit me! I was amused as I read your morning routine, and then saw all these other morning routines in the comments. I feel so at home!

I get up at 4:30 or 5:00, go to the bathroom, turn on the computer, make me a cup of green tea, then sit down with that wonderful tea and check what the late night owls (like Kat!!) were doing after I went to bed the night before! Then I check my online banking, make coffee, pack my lunch, shower, do my hair and make-up, get dressed, and leave for school at 7:15. During breaks at school I go to the computer lab and check my email and blogs. And as soon as I get home from the gym or shopping, etc. my computer seems to be calling my name! I just love blogging, and I admit I'm "hooked."

Adla said...

Sandi dear,
Thanks for tagging me... I'm having a really busy evening loading last minute things into the car for tomorrows craft fair. I shall get to answering the tag soonest possible... And oh aren't we such computer addicts ,I'm not suppose to be an inch close to this thing now, got to go prepare dinner for my assistant , " the hubby" . pump him up with energy for tomorrows stint. Catch up with you soon.
Much love, Adla

Susie Q said...

Oh how happy I am to be back reading your wonderful blog and visiting with you!!

I have loved catching up and will be back soon...just wanted to say that I will do this tag soon!! Thank you for thinking about me and I really enjoyed knowing a bit more about you!

Your Vet's Day post was just lovely...just like you dear Auntie Sandy...

I feel lost without reading my favorite blogs, like yours, so these past 2 weeks have been SO hard!! I missed you!!

Loved reading through everything...love you too!

Hugs,
Sue