Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Daily Dose


Yesterday while I was getting away from election junk (you know, the promises, the attacks, the lies) I came in to do my post. I went in to Brenda's quickly because she told me that she had an award for me and I was so touched by this. If you haven't met Brenda, you must go to http://www.countryromance.blogspot.com/. The Daily Dose...I wish I had the back ground on it, but I'm going to guess that you pass it on to those who may ease your day with either common sense or humor. I hope that my humor is not too blunt, if it's the humor. Since no one ever accused me of having common sense, (or even the sense God promised a goose, as Mama said) I'm going to go with the humor. Brenda and I have a lot in common, actually. We love our families, we love the history of "things" and collecting tea cups and china pieces...our granddaughters are our world...altho she is mighty young to be a grandmother...but just as most of my blogging friends do, she is like a dose of fresh air. She works hard does our Brenda, and gives of herself to those in her care. If I had to have someone go in to care for my Father, I hope I would be able to find someone with Brenda's compassion and ability to lift the spirit, as she does. So, now I'm going to have to decide just who I'm passing this on to. I won't repeat the ones Brenda has chosen. Most definitely Teresa at Living the Life (http://www.tpmom4ever.blogspot.com/ , and Kathy at Just a Beach Kat (http://www.justabeachkat.blogspot.com/ ). I think I'll have to say Jeanne at Life or Something like it (http://www.jeanne-lifeorsomethinglikeit.blogspot.com/ and my heavens, Jenn and Jacqui at http://www.thebowerbirdsnest.blogspot.com/ and Sue at http://www.rabbitruncottage.blogspot.com/. And I really can't pass up this chance to honor Vee at http://www.ahavenforvee.blogspot.com/ . I honor all of you, you are all a wonderful daily dose of comfort for me...I think I may do this once a week so I can honor you all...so get prepared ladies...my prescription is open and I'm getting ready to write on it.

16 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, sweet Sandi! I wanted to wish you a Happy belated Birthday & hope it was a good one. You look mah-velous darling!

xo,
Rhoda

kari and kijsa said...

LOL...you are the best...we loved hearing about your hairdresser and her "mess" of curtains...LOL...LOL...

giggles,

kari & kijsa

Anonymous said...

Sandi I got that from a deco store where buisnesses go in and shop and then take to their stores and mark it up. It is like a warehouse. Because I love you so much. if you ever want one I will ship to you at My cost.Im sure with the whole thing postage and all would be like 19.00. Really I would do this for you! I can take a close up to it is so elegant to have the rooster,but he is setting in such a fine old chair and antique looking.

Jeanne said...

Aww Sandi aren't you sweet! Back at you chickie! Soon's I get a chance to update I'll be passing it forward.

Jeanne said...

Oh and I love the picture of you as a young'un. Not sure I want to be that young again lol. Looks like you got good gift, I love the reed diffusers! Just got a couple myself on our giveaway day.

Anonymous said...

You sure do deserve the Daily Dose award. Your humor is delightful and a daily dose of it makes me giggle.

Justabeachkat said...

Congrats Sandi on this award. You definitely deserve it. You're exactly what the doctor would order...a reason to smile or laugh every day and a breath of fresh air. I love my visits here.

I'm so honored that you've passed this on to me.

Hugs!
Kat

Theresa said...

Congrats on the award!
I love your take on the election junk I feel the same way!

Andrea Frazer said...

Great blog. Love the image of the candy hearts coming out of the prescription bottle. It's quite humorous to me, considering my blog is Pass the Zoloft. LOL! Nice insights you have. I'll be back!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Sandi!
Congrats on the award. I do come here for my daily dose! I also love all of the blogs you picked to pass the award on to...
Hugs,
Penny

Betty Jo said...

Hi, I followed your link from Susie Q. Happy Belated Birthday! Love, love, love your blog topper. That photo is incredible. xoxo

Lori said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! i hope your day was wonderful:)

Terri Steffes said...

Happy birthday, as I see from Rhoda! I love the award as it is perfect for you!

LivingTheLife said...

There isn't a more deserving person than you for the "Daily Dose" award...I look forward to your site every day...in fact when you haven't posted in a while...I get kind of aggravated ( I know shocking that I would get aggravated...just shocking!!)...you always make me smile and think!! Speaking of...where are you today??? I can always count on you to check in on me when I haven't posted in a while...does that mean you like me...???...you REALLY like me???

Thanks for sharing this award with me...I can't imagine a better person to share this with...you're a true gem of a friend.

Blessings...
Teresa

P.S. I emailed Kari today...wondering if she is doing alright? I told her if she didn't answer my email I was going to contact you...and then we would head over to her place to yank her hiney out of the house...whadda ya say???

Anonymous said...

Hi Hon!! Just catchin' up, as usual, we are always catchin' up lately, can't seem to get our rears into gear this year yet!

Congrats on your Daily Dose Award, you are THE BEST :)

And thank you hon for thinking of us, right back at ya! We are delighted and will pass it on on in our next post, working on it right now!!

Jenn and Jacqui

Vee said...

I'm late, I'm late for a very important date, but I made it! Thanks for thinking of me, Sandi.