Here are the rules for this: The rules: SHARE THE LOVE!!! Share this award with all those blogs out there that you love. All the people who make you smile. All those that make you laugh. All those that make your day. All those that leave uplifting comments on your blog. **All I ask, is that you include a link to this post with the award and ask your recipient to do the same** Visit (Memoirs of a Mommy)for the awesome story behind this award. You know this is going to be hard because each of the blogs I read I read because I love you...the list is to long to name and to leave anyone out would be just wrong. So, if I am a regular visitor to your blog, and you know who you are...Sandy, Kat, Mary and Sarahs...yes, I said Sarahs...the Brit here and the Brit still there...Adla and Rhoda, Penny and Jayne...Cath and Kari, Jodie and Janabanana, lets just say I believe you all deserve this...SusieQ and Jeanne, MariNanci and Pat...all of you...I say again, IF I AM A FREQUENT VISITOR AT YOUR PLACE, THIS AWARD IS FOR YOU! And when I play catch up, I'm gonna tell you to come pick it up, okay Jo, both of you, Mima and Lee...San and David, Jeff and Hadriana, Brenda and Wanda, Cassie and Joan, Pam and Christine, Sophie and Carol, Donna, Lib, Cowgirl and Jamie Dawn, Terri, Abbie and Jeff B. ,Sandy and Sandy and oh yes did I say Wanda? How about Allison? just all of you,and I know I've left some out, I can't help it! I love you all or I wouldn't waste my time going back again and again. So, if you don't see your name but you know mine and I mention to you I have an award for you...this is for you!
Also, the sweet Hadriana at http://hadrianastreasures.blogspot.com/ has given me the "Just Plain Fun to Read" award and I do prize this one, too. I'm going to come back with this one later on so I can think about the ones I want to pass it on to. I'm going to pick three of you, and I hope you will be as honored as I was. And an EDIT here, when I went to visit with San Meredith, I found that she had also honored me with this award! To visit San go to http://alifewithaview.blogspot.com you won't be disappointed there, either!
Now, on to other TGIF things. First, my "on returning from England" series (saga) will continue on Monday with the final chapter on our return to the States from our Duty Service with the Navy in London which ended in 1983 (the time period someone wanted to know). I haven't made up a thing, or embellished for editorial purposes, it's exactly as it happened...which proves that there are things so bad that you can later look back and laugh. But now you know why I decided to make Law Enforcement my career. I needed backup. I'd also like to tell you that my (former) Department, Chesterfield County Sheriff's Office, lost one of it's own on Wednesday night when his vehicle was struck head on by a drunk driver. Darryl Quick, who had been with the Department for five years, and with Chesterfield PD before that, was 42 years old and left a wife and four children and one grandchild to face life without him. All because someone couldn't manage to grasp the concept of "if you drink, don't drive and if you drive, don't drink." A good Law Enforcement Officer will no longer be able to help keep the streets safe. Unfortunate for us, tragic for his family. Our prayers go out to them.
Brenda's Photo Challenge for tomorrow is about numbers and I have to get my butt in gear and do something about it...first of all go back and look to see who the host is (I'm telling you, my brains are scrambled with heat and humidity today!) I want to have fun with it, and plan on doing just that!
Cowgirl over at Riverdale Ramblings has tagged me with a 6 random things about me meme...you really need to go visit this fine young miss from New Zealand, you won't regret it and you may find a new vacation spot...go to http://cowgirlat.blogspot.com/ and check out her site. Okay, 6 random things...
1. I love to read, I read cereal boxes and newspapers, books and magazines...I just flat love to read.
2. I have two sons, of whom I am so very proud. My older son is a Newspaper Editor married to my beautiful DIL Charity and my younger son is a Computer Networker married to my lovely DIL Anna and they have one child the precious Arianna who will be 9 on the 28th of this month.
3. My mother was a master gardener who knew the latin name for every plant that grew in her gardens and even in most of everyone else's gardens.
4. My husband is a retired Navy Chief who discovered that he was a farmer all along...imagine our surprise! (And I know I have mentioned mostly my family in this meme, but you know it's hard to separate them from me...they're part of me...)
5. I really hate news shows. They mostly never get it right, they are prejudiced in a country where prejudice is supposed to be avoided at all costs, and they think to much of their own opinions.
6. I have a temper. A terrible temper. I have learned to control it, but sometimes like a coiled spring it erupts and injures the target of my ire. And then somehow, it reverberates and injures me on the return trip.