Sunday, December 16, 2007

Batgirl....live and in person...well sort of








This is for Vee who took the most gorgeous picture of her calico cat. I would like to know how she managed to do it. I have pictures of all of my cats buried somewhere in my older posts, especially my fat Siamese, Pyewackit. Pyewackit would stop everything he's doing to get his picture made. He seems to know what the camera is is and what it does and when it does it. I remember a cartoon from my childhood about a horserace and two horses were nose to nose and it was a "photo finish". So one horse has to stop and grin for the camera! Well, that's Pye, he's a camera hog. But Batgirl, my little calico (I know, they're all little in comparison to Captain Gi-Normus also known as Pye) doesn't like the camera, runs from the camera, hides from it in fact. I wanted to take a picture of her this morning so that another cat lover of many out there, Vee, could compare those luscious kitty faces(http://ahavenforvee.blogspot.com/) I spotted her in the computer room, grabbed the camera and snapped...and she moved. I talked her into posing nicely and snap...and she moved again. I had Mac come in and hold her and she refused to look into that camera...what is with that girl? Mac said she told him I'm trying to steal her soul. Hmm...I'll have to reassure her that her soul is perfectly safe in my hands...I'd let no harm come to it! So, Vee...here's a bit of what we went through with young Madame...only wanted one picture you understand...but you know how it is when you're working with a star!

10 comments:

Vee said...

She is lovely! Such beautiful markings she has...bold and bright...and her eyes match her coat so well...incredible. And, pardon my asking, is she a little bit whacked, too? Not like you! No, no, I mean like other calicos?

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Beautiful cat!
Have a surprise for you over at my blog!
Have a great week.
Blessings,
Sandy ;)

Unknown said...

She's so cute. Love her coloring and her eyes look like coffee with cream. Cats are too much fun and each one has it's own personality!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi, beautiful kitty :) Pyewackit and Batgirl, camera shy? with names like those they ought to be feline movie stars!! Hon check your in-box, someones waitin' for you! Jenn and Jacqui xoxo

Mary said...

Lovely cat never heard the name calico to describe a cat before. I love my black and whites! Hamish has taken to sleeping on the top of the living room radiator! We have a photo we will post !!

Jeanne said...

Your callie is so pretty. Very close markings to my Noelle.

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

You need to post more pictures of that Frankenstein/patchwork kittie. I've never seen anything like that. It's like 4 or 5 cats melded into one. Love it!

Justabeachkat said...

What a beauty! I know how hard it is to get a decent photo of a pet!!

Hugs!
Kat

Jodie Adams said...

What a silly cat! My animals are just the opposite they almost always pose themselves when I get the camera out. She is a pretty girl!

Susie Q said...

She is just loverly!

I love her markings and color. I just love a kitty face...so kissable.

Hugs,
Sue