Friday, October 24, 2008
Yes, the tagging is still going on and Catherder over at Gato Grove (I have a cat farm, she has a cat grove...do we see something odd here? Not me.) But as I was saying, Mz Catherder has tagged me and before I give you the rules, you've got to go read hers...I mean really! Just for a tease, one of the things that I found quite surprising is that she is a member of a Nude Beach...okay okay, much more to do, moving on now...but here's the High Cat Herder's link, before I forget...http://gatogrove.blogspot.com/ And now, here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blog.
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Okay then, ready set...
1. I am a closet complainer. I can complain about something in such a comedic way that no one realizes I was really p.o.'ed till three days after I left. It hits them all of a sudden, like they're in the shoe department and suddenly look up with this strange look upon their face and their brain is saying "uhoh, all's not well at Sandiland..."
2. I have a temper. When I retired, my temper did not diminish one bit. I'm just more cautious what I lose my temper over. I learned to count to ten at an early age...I somehow never make it past eight. Mea Culpa
3. I love boxing. No, I mean really love boxing. When I was younger I always rooted for the pretty boy, but now I root for the older guy fighting a cocky young upstart...like the fight from a couple of weekends ago, Hopkins destroyed Pavlik and he started out the process in round one. Hopkins is 43 and Pavlik is 26...I'm pretty sure on those ages, and as in polls it's a + - of 2.
4. I love to grow my own plants and plants for friends. I've managed to pass along Angel Trumpets (see picture) till I think about 1/2 the county is pretty well covered. This year I'm rooting six of them (3 white and 3 yellow) for Evil Sister. I promised to do this on the promise from her that she would not come under cover of darkness and dig up mine! They come in white, pink and yellow.
5. I have over 300 cook books. I am addicted to them. I can read them like others read a novel. It's inherited...Mama collected them, too. And btw I'm a pretty good cook. Also inherited. But not from my father who once made bacon eggs and toast for Mama (breakfast in bed) in the same pan. At the same time. There were no buffet breakfasts then, I think she had Kelloggs Cornflakes, instead.
6. Mama swears this part is true. She was on a bus going back home to NewPort News, Virginia and sat next to a lady who had a young child about a year old. The little girl's eyes were amber with a blue ring around the iris. My mother, from a blue eyed gene pool (a deep blue pool that extends from my sons to my granddaughter) told the lady that she was expecting a baby (me) and she hoped her baby would have those unusual eyes. And so I do. No one else in the family has my eye color. My mother always called them Cat's eyes. Hmmm...wonder if that's why the cats love me?
So, seven things and I can't believe there is anything else you don't know about me. Let's see...I am drawn to old houses...old abandoned houses with swagging porches and lopsided windows with hanging shutters...I like to imagine the stories they could tell...about the families that once lived in them. Even an old chimney with nothing of the house left around it, fireplace gutted and nothing but a roosting place for wildlife can set me off. And now I am done. And who do I need to know about? It's time to pick seven of you and the seven I'd like to choose...well I'd like to choose you all but if I do, no one will feel especially invited, so I am going to stick to the rules. Okay, here goes....
I want to invite these 7 to the party...
1. I just have to know more about Tee at The Diva's Random Thoughts because she's a dangerous influence on me...and a lot of fun, too.
2. Johnny Depp enthusiast at thedeppeffect.com because she makes me laugh and I want to know if there is a clown in her background.
3. My dear friend Lee (and fellow Scrabble enthusiast..you can't get us off POGO at http://chrysalisdreams.blogspot.com . I'm sure there are 7 things about her I don't know.
4. Cath at http://crazycath.blogspot.com/ who is quite a photographer, she has a blog just about photos' at Cath's Cradle.
5. Sandy at http://spiritifelici.blogspot.com/ because she is so much fun...her pictures of animals in all modes of life will warm the cockles of your heart...really. Not sure where the cockles are, but they'll be warmed!
6. Seamus at Damp Dog http://dampdog.blogspot.com/. You'll fall in love with the story of the Buffledog, Taylor...I love Taylor almost as much as I love my Digby, the Old English...I can't say loved for just because they've gone on ahead doesn't mean the love is no longer there.
7. I'd like to know more about new bloggers I've just met (mainly through David at Authorblog (see my sidebar) and so please Nita, at http://thesparrowsheart.blogspot.com/ join in with us.
Okay, that's seven and this has been a good one. Thanks to Catherder for thinking of me. At least I've assumed that I was the Sandi she meant. Of course we all know what assume means and it won't be the first time I've made an ass of myself.