Sunday, September 16, 2007

How to Cheer up when you feel like hell














































Okay, it was a rough night. I didn't sleep much, but have become accustomed to that, so it's really no big deal. I'll get a great nap on the couch watching the chronic news channel (CNN) about three pm. I'll sleep for half and hour and then feel refreshed and maybe watch a movie. So Mac (WTHF) assisted me from a prone position to one on my feet and insisted that I would feel better if we went to the flea market before church. In between my moaning and groaning, I agreed on one condition...if it's all new crap and I don't feel good we just go home period. Flat Out. He promised. Besides which, I have my own set of keys, it's my truck and if I get ready to ride, he best climb on board, cause the engine is leaving the station. We got to Mount Croghan, where the flea market has been for at least several decades (well, at least 2 that I know of). I had put on my good walking shoes and grabbed my cane and off we went. Feeling hopeful, I took two bags that my buddy Joanne had given me (she gave me a huge sackful of these great bags with handles, you know the kind you pay good money for in department stores?). We hit the first vendor and I hit paydirt. I promise you, we had to turn around and go back to the truck to unload my bags before we could finish going through everything. We spent an hour walking and looking and shopping and then I gave out. I still had 2 dollars clutched in my hot little hand, but was too wiped out to spend it. I considered just throwing it at someone, but resisted that urge. I found teapots and pictures and just wonderful items, which you shall soon see, I'm providing photo's of all...or most anyway...I love the teapot/cup combo...I can fix myself a cup of tea just about any time. Anyway, I'm glad WTHF made me go, it really did do me good. I am very hopeful that tomorrow won't be the living hell that most Monday's are. Maybe WTHF needs to take me shopping? These pictures don't want to go where I want them to, so dog gone it, I'll just leave them where they are...that kitty is Peanut...we call him the Crazy Concorde Cat...our friend Craig surprised us with him a year ago...he hasn't gotten much bigger, since...he like the computer.
The next picture is of a cheese pot, a teapot and a handpainted vase made in Italy...I paid a grand total of $3.00 a buck each...
Well, the rest is sort of self explanatory, suffice it to say I went there with 30 dollars, came home with 2 and these are pictures of only about half what I found. I'll do the rest later. Good grief I'm tired. See you tomorrow....thanks for all the kind thoughts and well wishes...







6 comments:

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

I'm really glad you had fun in the end, sounds like just what you needed! xx

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

I went all over Ft. Worth today and didn't find much of nothin'. I bought 2 hardcover books for $2 each and 6 or 8 ceramic pumpkins for about $14. Nothing FanTABulous like your haul. But....tomorrow's another day, isn't it? Hope your Monday goes well. I've got something I need to stick in an envelope and get in the mail for you. (I'm like my uncle....a little sloooooow with the mailing stuff. ha,ha,ha) I'll see if I can get off my lazy butt and get that done, okay?

The Honourable Billy Blunt said...

I hope your tablets work Sandi,thats some pain you will have there.
Wow I wish we had 'boot sales' like that over here,if that's what folk are parting with what are they keeping that's better !!!!

Mary said...

You got some great finds. Hope you improve soon. i was going to post today but never get to it as so much to do and it takes me so long to do it now I promise something to make you smile ASAP Mary

Sandy McTier Designs said...

WOW! Your finds are awesome and for $28.00 all of that!!!
Hope you are feeling better soon.
Have a fabulous week.
Blessings,
Sandy :)

Abbie said...

I especially love the pictures and frames with the birds (I can't tell what type)
They are beautiful.
Hope you get better soon, take care of yourself.